Job Opportunities: News Poster
– Job title: News poster
– Posted: 19 July 2009
– Closes: 2 August 2009
– Number of openings: 3
– Volunteer position (no pay)
– Commitment: 5 posts per week
– Harry Potter Fan Zone’s news posters are responsible for providing timely, accurate, and relevant Harry Potter news to our thousands of loyal readers. They provide the bread and butter of the site: the news, which appears on the home page.
– News posters should aim to post at least five news stories per week. Understandably, there are times when news will almost be non-existent – between movies, for example. The aim of the position is to help keep the site up-to-date with whatever news is available.
Ideal skills and characteristics
– The ideal applicant will have experience writing news; some familiarity with WordPress blogging sofware; basic photo editing skills; excellent writing skills and impeccable syntax. Applicants with some or all of these skills and characteristics are much more likely to be considered for the job.
– Any questions regarding this job should be sent to Andy (webmaster) via the contact form.
– This job description is not meant to be exhaustive. Rather, its purpose is to provide you with a brief overview of the job.
– Don’t fret if you’re unsure about any of the above points (where to find news, referencing, using WordPress, and so on). We’ll teach you everything you need to know to be successful!
– Above all else, working at Harry Potter Fan Zone should be fun! We run this website because we love the Harry Potter series, and love keeping readers up-to-date with everything HP.