22 September 2009 at 16:28 GMT
Tom Felton, Draco Malfoy, is celebrating his 22nd birthday today. Here at Harry Potter Fan Zone, we’d like to wish him a very Happy Birthday!
22 September 2009 at 16:20 GMT
Actor Brendan Gleeson, who portrayed Mad-Eye Moody, said during a press conference that he finally finished his filming for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. He’s quoted saying “I waved goodbye to him a week and a half ago. It was great fun, playing Mad-Eye was a hoot”.
This all happened on Sunday night when Mr. Gleeson won an Emmy for his role in Winston Churchill in HBO’s miniseries Into the Storm. Congratulations Mr. Gleeson!
15 September 2009 at 15:06 GMT
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park will open in spring of 2010. The announcement was made by Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy in the films). We’ll have more news soon, but for now, some goss:
- A roller coaster built around the first task of the Triwizard Tournament (thrill ride)
- A “family ride” built around Care of Magical Creatures and Buckbeak’s flight
- A revolutionary ride in the Hogwarts castle called “Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey”
- Enter the park via Hogsmeade and visit a number of shops
- Butterbeer and pumpkin juice will be sold
- A new line of ‘Potter’ merchandise will be sold
- An eleven-minute featurette with more information will be available on the ‘Half-Blood Prince’ DVD
24 August 2009 at 08:14 GMT
A very happy birthday today to Rupert Grint, who turns 21 today and plays a phenomenal role as Ron Weasley in the ‘Harry Potter’ films. Best wishes to him!
19 August 2009 at 21:38 GMT
As some of the more dedicated Harry Potter fans may know, J. K. Rowling’s official site hasn’t been updated in over a year. Now, a few minor changes have been spotted, including edited links and the title of her diary on the main page.
Perhaps these now minor changes could be hints of some more major updates to her sites. Stay tuned.
2 August 2009 at 11:34 GMT
Recently, Harry Potter Fan Zone’s own Toni and David Gras attended Azkatraz 2009, a Harry Potter symposium. An exclusive report from the event can be found below.
Read the full article.