News articles tagged 'Exclusives'
By Andy on 18 November 2011 at 11:50 GMT
I had the pleasure of attending the event, as well as a media preview earlier in the day, which was hosted at Sydney's Powerhouse Museum. James and Oliver, along with creative wizards Eddie Newquist and Robin Stapley, shared a number of interesting facts about the exhibition.
Notably, they spoke about the logistics of bringing such a large exhibition to Australia and some of the more recent props and costumes on show for the first time.
Here are some of the most interesting facts that were shared.
- It took 23 shipping containers and 40 days to bring Harry Potter: The Exhibition to Sydney.
- At one point, James and Oliver had to have their wands shipped back to Leavesden Studios for 'Deathly Hallows' filming.
- There's a mark on one of the Bludgers where it was dropped on set.
- There's authentic James and Oliver Phelps graffiti carvings on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.
- There are new props and costumes on show for the first time in Sydney, including the Hallows and Horcruxes (photos below).
- Bellatrix's costume is a new edition to the Sydney display (photo below).
Harry Potter: The Exhibition runs through until 18 March 2012 at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. Tickets are now on sale.
By Andy on 6 July 2011 at 14:25 GMT
The world premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in London is tomorrow!
Live stream of the premiere event:
Stay tuned for photos and videos form the event. We'll also be updating our Twitter account with live updates from the red carpet.