News articles tagged 'Harry Potter: The Exhibition'
By Andy on 18 November 2011 at 11:50 GMT
I had the pleasure of attending the event, as well as a media preview earlier in the day, which was hosted at Sydney’s Powerhouse Museum. James and Oliver, along with creative wizards Eddie Newquist and Robin Stapley, shared a number of interesting facts about the exhibition.
Notably, they spoke about the logistics of bringing such a large exhibition to Australia and some of the more recent props and costumes on show for the first time.
Here are some of the most interesting facts that were shared.
- It took 23 shipping containers and 40 days to bring Harry Potter: The Exhibition to Sydney.
- At one point, James and Oliver had to have their wands shipped back to Leavesden Studios for ‘Deathly Hallows’ filming.
- There’s a mark on one of the Bludgers where it was dropped on set.
- There’s authentic James and Oliver Phelps graffiti carvings on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall.
- There are new props and costumes on show for the first time in Sydney, including the Hallows and Horcruxes (photos below).
- Bellatrix’s costume is a new edition to the Sydney display (photo below).
Harry Potter: The Exhibition runs through until 18 March 2012 at the Powerhouse Museum in Sydney. Tickets are now on sale.
Tags: Exclusives, Harry Potter Fan Zone, Harry Potter: The Exhibition, James Phelps, Oliver Phelps - Comments Off on James and Oliver Phelps launch ‘Harry Potter: The Exhibition’ in Sydney - Permanent Link